Chocolate Chip Cookie Protein Bars. Homemade, healthy protein bars that are vegan, gluten free, nut free, and dairy free.
When I was little I was a HUGE cookie monster. I always had dibs on licking the cookie dough spatula, I could quickly polish off a row of Oreos, and I could put back bowls of Cookie Crisp like nobody’s business. But as I’ve grown out of having such a big sweet tooth, I’ve been satisfying my inner cookie lover with snacks such as these Chocolate Chip Cookie Protein Bars!
These bars are a great alternative to a lot of traditional store bought brands. They are low sugar, have no preservatives, and you can pronounce every ingredient in them!
Another reason I love these bars is that they are friendly to most food allergies so everyone can eat them, win!
So if you’re a cookie monster like me, grab a bowl and throw together a batch of these protein bars! You won’t regret it!
- 1/2 cup + 2 tbsp (70 g) vanilla protein powder
- 3 tbsp (21 g) coconut flour
- 1/4 cup (56 g) tahini
- 1 tsp (7 g) honey*
- 1/4 cup + 2 tbsp (90 mL) unsweetened almond milk
- 1/2 tbsp (7 g) mini semisweet chocolate chips
- In a large bowl, stir together the protein powder, coconut flour, tahini, honey, and almond milk until thoroughly mixed. Fold in the chocolate chips.
- On a piece of parchment or wax paper, shape the dough into a rectangle. Feel free to adjust rectangle to size preference, mine was about 7 by 4.5 inches.
- Place shaped dough into freezer for 15-20 minutes or until firm, but not totally set.
- Slice the firm dough into 4 bars. Wrap bars in plastic wrap, bags, or store in an airtight container. Keep frozen and thaw just slightly before enjoying!
these look very tasty and perfect for snacking…. oh so yummy
come see us at http://shopannies.blogspot.com