Flavorful + healthy oatmeal prepped the night before!
I eat oatmeal religiously.
Like every day, I love it so much, and never get tired of it level religiously.
It legit gets me out bed in the morning.
And I am always amazed when people say they don’t like it because I’m a firm believer that everyone can find an oatmeal recipe they like. It’s a blank canvas with endless flavor combination possibilities!
So if you’re one of those people who hasn’t yet acquired a taste for oatmeal (I truly feel bad for you), then hopefully this recipe will convert you to being an oatmeal lover!
Each ingredient in this oatmeal serves its unique purpose:
- Chia seeds for omega 3s, antioxidants, and volume (seriously add chia seeds to your oats and they will like double in size)
- Dates for antioxidants (hello flavonoids and carotenoids!), fiber, and a lil bit of added sweetness
- Walnuts for healthy fats, protein, and added crunch!
- Protein for an extra energy boost, increased satiety, and vibrant vanilla flavor!
Nothing says good morning quite like a warm, hearty bowl of oats!
Want to get your nutrition dialed in? Explore our services and contact us!
|Prep Time||5 min|
- 1/2 cup (40 g) oatmeal
- 3/4 cup (177 mL) unsweetened almond milk
- 1 tbsp (8 g) chopped walnuts
- 1 large medjool date, chopped
- 1 tbsp (15 g) vanilla protein powder
- 1 tbsp (14 g) chia seeds
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- In small bowl or mason jar, stir together all the ingredients.
- Cover securely and refrigerate overnight.
- The next morning, enjoy cold or heat it up in the microwave. If desired, add more liquid and/or cinnamon to taste.
What kind of oats do you used for this recipe?
Old fashioned rolled oats! 🙂