Chocolate Strawberry Chia Pudding Parfaits. Healthy, food allergy friendly parfaits that make the perfect dessert or snack treat!
Remember the handy dandy chia pudding recipe I posted recently? Or how about that healthy chocolate protein granola? Well they’re back in adorable parfait form!
Food has a bunch of amazing superpowers and by far one of the coolest ones is how it brings people together. Holiday, weddings, birthdays, etc – amazing memories can be made sharing a table with loved ones. And Valentine’s day definitely fits into that mix!
Following your Valentine’s Day dinner with an easy homemade dessert like this one would be a magical ending to a wonderful day. Whether you’re spending it with family, friends, a significant, your pets, or just yourself, this parfait will not disappoint.
It’s the perfect balance of creamy from the strawberries and pudding, yet crunchy from the granola. The vanilla flavor is light and delicate and complemented wonderfully by the rich chocolate granola and brightness of the strawberries.
As you can see in the picture above, I got a little artsy in cutting a strawberry heart out. This step is totally optional but adds an adorable touch if you’re willing to put in the extra effort! Here’s a how to on cutting strawberry hearts.
So whatever your plans are for Valentine’s Day, I hope that these parfaits are a part of them and regardless, I hope you have a wonderful day!
- 2 cups (474 mL) vanilla unsweetened almond milk
- 1/2 cup (80 g) chia seeds
- 1 tbsp (20g) pure maple syrup
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups (180 g) oats
- 1/2 cup (56 g) chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup + 1 tbsp (30 g) chocolate protein powder
- 1 tbsp (21 g) honey*
- 2 tbsp (12 g) unsweetened cocoa powder
- 4 tbsp (61 g) liquid egg whites
- 2 cup (310 g) chopped strawberries
- 1/2 cup (119 mL) water
- 2 tbsp water
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 1 tbsp (20 g) liquid sweetener
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
For the Chia Pudding
For the Chocolate Granola:
For the Strawberry Sauce
- Whisk almond milk, chia seeds, maple syrup, and vanilla extract together in a large bowl. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Preheat oven to 300º F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silpat.
- In a large bowl, stir together all ingredients until evenly mixed. Spread the mixture onto the prepared pan, pressing into an even layer.
- Bake for 30 minutes. Let cool and then break granola into desired chunk size.
- Put strawberries and 1/2 cup water in a saucepan. Heat over medium high until it comes to a boil, then reduce heat to medium.
- In a small bowl, whisk together cornstarch and water until a thick liquid forms. Pour the cornstarch mixture into pan. Stir constantly until sauce becomes thick and syrupy.
- Remove from heat and stir in vanilla and liquid sweetener. Let cool completely.
- Alternate layers of the chia pudding, granola, and strawberry sauce in bowls, jars, or glasses. Garnish with mint if desired!